Valuing Disability Business of the YearBack to Categories
Alicia Moyles, Head of Service, The Education People
Matt Clifton, Chief Executive, bemix
This category is open to any business, irrespective of size or sector, that can demonstrate commercial success through valuing disabled people who work for, and interact with, the business.
The organisation must show evidence that it has schemes, initiatives and policies that have maximum positive impact on recruiting, retaining and promoting disabled employees.
Judges will be looking for strong examples of how working with disabled people has achieved positive outcomes for business, staff and customers.
This category is not open to organisations whose primary target market is disabled people, or buyers of services for disabled people.
Entrants must have been trading for a minimum of two years as of March 31, 2020.
Judges will be looking for your success and achievements in the following areas:
- Trends in your business turnover and profit levels
- Key objectives with particular reference to valuing disability
- How valuing disabilities remains a key driver in your business
- The positive impact employing a disabled person has had on your business, staff and customers
- Innovative approaches to the recruitment, retention and development of disabled employees
- How your business has benefited from employing a wider talent pool of disabled people
- Vision for expanding your good practice in working with disabled people
*The judging panel will consist of people with and without disabilities.
Interested in winning this award? Enter now